You’re looking for a simple way to create and customize your WordPress site. Drag and drop page builder plugins are useful in this situation.
You can use WordPress page builders to create, edit, and customize your website’s layout without having to write any code.
You don’t need any coding knowledge to customize posts and pages with WordPress page builders. The extension replaces or supplements the standard editor and includes a variety of drag-and-drop building elements, such as galleries, buttons, and text areas. However, there are several WordPress page builders available.
Website builders have improved dramatically in recent years, and now include a slew of features that make it easier to create a website.
Why should we use WordPress page builders?
As a developer, using drag and drop WordPress themes can save you a lot of time. However, WordPress page builders have other advantages, such as:
- Mockups can be made faster. It’s common to create mockups for the websites you build when you’re in the early stages of a new project. Using drag and drop WordPress themes speeds up this process significantly and allows you to give your clients even more options.
- The ability to save and reuse templates. Website templates can be created using WordPress page builders. So the page builder not only makes the website-building process easier but also allows you to create a template with these drag-and-drop blocks that you can reuse.
- Editing and changing the style of a website can be done more quickly. If a client requests changes, you can make them much more quickly than if you had to code them by hand.
- There are numerous features on the website. Manually creating (or implementing) complex features takes time, even if you’re an expert in a variety of programming languages. Complex features are included in drag-and-drop WordPress themes and page builders via blocks that you drag into your design. This means you can provide your customers with more features and services.
The Top 3 Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins:
Here’s a rundown of the best WordPress page builder plugins available right now. There’s a mix of free and paid tools available, so any developer at any stage of their career can find something useful. Let’s get started!
WPBakery Page Builder is the most widely used WordPress page builder plugin at the moment. It was previously known as Visual Composer, but that tool has since been separated from WPBakery, with the page building features remaining with WPBakery. It is a drag-and-drop visual page builder that lets you build your layout painlessly without wasting your time writing shortcodes.
Because WPBakery has been around for a long time, you’ll find a lot of built-in layouts and building blocks for designing your content, such as boxes, icons, text blocks, and diagrams. Furthermore, many third-party vendors provide tens of thousands of useful elements for a unique look, as well as over 250 integrations with other important plugins such as WooCommerce.
The WPBakery plugin is rich with hundreds of professional templates. The elements and styling can be customized at the tip of the finger & the flexibility of the system is totally under your control. Whether we talk about spaces, parallax effects, headers, footers, menu management, sidebars, favicons, or widgets, everything can be managed easily in this plugin. The most friendly thing is that even beginners can use this plugin without any hurdles. Although Visual Composer is a bit like Beaver Builder, it is much more than that.
Advantages of WPBakery Page Builder:
- Many content elements, some of which are also available from third-party sources
- More than 250 well-known plugins can be integrated.
- There are numerous design templates available.
WPBakery is fully compatible with the Gutenberg editor, so don’t worry. This is great because, while Gutenberg is a fascinating development in the WordPress world, it is far from a full-fledged page builder—it lacks the front-end visual editing and styling options, as well as many of the other design features that WPBakery provides.
One of the most popular free WordPress page builder options is Elementor. Although premium plans are available, the free version includes a drag-and-drop website editor, 40 widgets, 30 templates, and responsive editing. When you start using Elementor’s premium features, it becomes even more impressive.
Elementor, a WordPress page builder, is one of the newest on the market, but it has already been installed on over half a million websites. The successful interface and excellent ease of use are most likely to blame for the quick success.
There are many useful elements in Elementor, including buttons, headlines, animations, and galleries. The possibilities are almost endless when using Elementor plugins. You can use the Elementor blocks to integrate WooCommerce and a variety of other extensions and themes. For a quick start, Elementor’s free version includes over 30 elements and 60 preset layouts. Menus, tables, and price lists are among the 26 additional modules in the Pro version.
Features to look for include:
- There are more than 50 professional widgets.
- There are over 300 Pro templates available.
- 10 complete website kits
- Theme and form builders.
- WooCommerce and a pop-up builder
- Support and updates for a year
Advantages of Elementor:
- There are already a lot of templates and features in the free version.
- Flexible and precise layouts are possible.
- Real-time front-end editing, as well as a fast, fluid editing mode
- Many high-quality elements that can be quickly adjusted and used are available.
- Many third-party providers offer new elements and templates for Elementor users.
- There is no shortcode garbage left after deactivation.
- For engaging content, the Pro version includes a pop-up builder, a visual form generator, animations, and special effects.
- With plugins like WPML, Elementor supports translations.
- There are development interfaces available for full integration.
Visual Composer appeared to be on its way out after the developers released WPBakery Page Builder. In reality, a lot of work has gone into it, and it’s now not only a WordPress page builder but also a complete site builder. This refers to a visual editor that allows you to change not only the content but also the layout of your WordPress sites, such as the footer or header, without having to know how to code.
You can work with many adjustable elements and edit content and layout directly in the front-end using Visual Composer. The modern user interface, which can be docked or floating, allows for quick training results.
You’ll also have access to the Visual Composer hub, which includes 100+ content elements and 100+ page layouts to download and use. Competitors who use a WordPress page builder usually have these elements built-in and don’t require a separate download.
Visual Composer’s Benefits:
- The text and layout can be changed right on the page.
- After only a short period of training, attractive layouts can be created.
- Many extensions are available for Visual Composer.
- Front-end, tree view editor, and three-in-one solution.
- Interface for development
- Elements can be hidden and then re-displayed.
Last Thoughts about Page Builders
The WordPress page builders mentioned in this guide are among the best solutions you need for a quick but solid design. Besides the features, it’s also the user experience that counts. That’s why it’s worth trying out each page builder for yourself before making a final decision. Also, the mind games of the developers matter a lot to get the best results from these page builders.
“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” –Aristotle